The first in a series of global events for finance teams, the IFOL annual Accounts Payable and P2P Leadership conference in London, on February 23rd set a high standard for attendees.
Designed exclusively for the finance operations community, the conference focused on a range of critical themes to help prepare teams for the next generation of accounts payable.
The IFOL team welcomed delegates, speakers and exhibitors from all corners of the UK, providing a face-to-face platform for connecting, networking, and learning.
Those who attended stood out from the crowd as individuals and teams who want to make positive change in their business. During the event, they had the opportunity to learn how to implement change from a range of experts, and meet with some of the UK’s leading software and solutions providers.
Here are some of our key takeaways:
1. Accounts Payable teams need – and are ready – to embrace change. AP is constantly evolving, not only by technology but also the development of new skills required for next-generation teams.
2. Accounts Payable teams are valuable business partners! Teams who embrace a Business Partnering mentality can add more value and insights to other areas of the business.
3. Sustainability. Yes, finance can definitely do its bit to be more sustainable and help contribute to improving the company’s ESG rating.
The agenda was packed full so there were many highlights throughout the day.
Here’s a few things that went down exceptionally well:
- Two live panel discussions:
- How technology is changing the landscape of Accounts Payable and P2P.
- Next-generation Accounts Payable, Business Partnering and future skills.
- Networking. The exhibition area was buzzing with conversations as new connections were made, and common themes were discussed amongst peers.
- Paul Sinha, who closed the event with a brilliantly comedic speech, and had the whole audience in laughter.
And not forgetting the extra little touches that add to the experience. Such as the range of merchandise and fun competitions from our sponsors and exhibitors, and the drinks reception at the end of the day (which was very popular with most of the delegates!).
Here’s what some of our attendees said:
“Really interesting day with lots of ideas and great to be able to talk face to face with the software vendors. Thanks for organising!”
“I really enjoyed the day and have come away with tons of energy and ideas. Thank you to all the organisers and speakers.”
“Brilliantly run event and thank you for inviting me to speak today. It was great to hear some of the other speakers and make new connections in the Finance community.”
With thanks to all our sponsors…
Headline Sponsor – SoftCo
Gold Sponsors – Tipalti and Quadient Accounts Payable by Beanworks
We’ll be back in the UK for our 2024 annual conference.
Join our free online community and for the latest updates.